Epson WorkForce WF-2660 All-In-One Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax

Epson WorkForce WF-2660 All-In-One Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax

I have been using an old Espon Stylus CX7400 for the past 7 years, and it was getting time to take it out to pasture. I like having an all-in-one unit, so I wanted to find something comparable (print, scan, copy) but with wireless capabilities. I didn't have to look long when I came across the Epson Workforce 2660. I snatched it up and so far, it has yet to disappoint.

http://amzn.to/1OjRrHF



SETUP
Out of the box, setup was pretty simple: take off strips of blue tape (used during shipping to hold components closed), connect AC adapter, power up unit and follow the instructions on the color screen. After the initial set up screens, you're then asked to install the software, which brings you through another series of firmware installations/setups, resulting in a Print Test page. The printer was fluid and responsive right out of the gate, and I was surprised by the speed with which the test page printed.

CONNECTIVITY
Used the USB connection to get everything up and running which is the simplest option. After initial setup, I then connected to our Wi-Fi, which was pretty easy. The printer looks for available signals, select your network, enter passowrd, and connection is established.

The Start Guide also has a QR code to install the Epson iPrint app, for iOS or Android. I REALLY dig this. I tested the app by printing a photo from my phone, and within seconds the image printed. The app not only allows you to print, but also perform maintenance tasks, such as head cleaning and firmware updates, and even shows current ink levels, negating the need to open the Device Panel folder on the PC. Nice.
http://amzn.to/1OjRrHF


SCAN/COPY/FAX
The scan and copy features are smooth and accurate, and with scanning you have the option of storing the image on the Cloud. Boss. I have no need for the Fax feature, and therefore did not test this out, so I cannot comment on how well this works.

PRINT SPEED
I have uploaded a video showcasing just how fast this unit prints. Black & white pages are mere seconds, with color being just a few moments longer. The printer also runs pretty quietly, so you won't have to soundproof the office.

INK
Ink cartridges are small and easy to install, and seem competitively priced (as of this review, between $9-12). The colors are true and bright, and the black is solid (no browning or graying, like with my last printer). Since I haven't been using the printer for long, I cannot comment on how long each cartridge lasts, but will update once I am able.

ON-BOARD COLOR TOUCHSCREEN
The color touchscreen is pretty slick and responsive. From the screen, you can Copy, Scan, Fax, as well as establish a wireless connection. Very nice feature.

CONS
The only real knock I can find at this point is some components feel a little cheap/flimsy, which makes me question long-term durability.

FINAL THOUGHTS
Overall, I definitely recommend this unit for anyone in need of a printer with a host of capabilities. As I continue to use and explore its features, I will post updates, but for now I'm loving it!
http://amzn.to/1OjRrHF